Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2013

Fall Earrings for the Earring Challenge Blog Hop

Candy Corn Earrings, Fused Glass, Handmade Sterling Silver Ear Wires,
Candy Corn Earrings

I stumbled across another blog hop, this one is called Earring Challenge.  It has some great fall earrings.  So I hope it was ok that I decided to join the blog hop and add some of my own.

First I added the most recent pair of earrings that I listed in my artfire shop.

These candy corn earrings I make myself from fused glass.  It was a little work trying to make the kernels, but I think I have it down now.  You will notice they are not identical.  Just like snowflakes, no two candy corn kernels are the same!  The argentium sterling ear wires are hand forged (by me, of course.)


Clip On Earrings, Dichroic Glass, Handmade Textured Multicolored OOAK
Dichroic glass clip on earrings





For my next pair, I thought, clip on earrings would be really different.  Hardly anyone makes clip-ons.  I don't have too many pairs at the moment, but these seem to have a lot of fall colors in them.  I made these from fused dichroic glass.  In addition to the gorgeous colors, they also have a very nice texture to them.  The lines you see going across are actually raised ridges.



Lastly, here is what I will be making today.  I make these copper heart charms from copper metal clay.  This particular pair features a heart with a swirl on a diamond shaped charm.  I add niobium ear wires that have been annodized to make them look like aged copper.  These earrings are perfect for fall!  As a matter of fact, the reason I need to make these today is because I think I have sold out of every single style of copper metal clay earring that I have listed in my store.  So I guess I better get busy!

I hope you enjoyed these, and I hope it was ok to enter the blog hop because I crashed the party!  If you would llike to crash the party too, you will find the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment