Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Donating Your Art

For my fellow artisans, this article has been the subject of much discussion in one of my Facebook groupls lately.  Many of you may have been asked at one time or another to donate a piece of art to a charity auction.  In the past, I would have donated to worthy causes, being happy to help out.  Thinking that it might be a marketing tool; that it might get me some exposure with a new pool of potential customers.

After reading this article, I have changed my opinion.  I think the author makes a valid point about why an artist should never donate their work for a charity auction.  My studio has implemented a new policy.  I will be happy to donate a percentage of the proceeeds of my work to charity, but I will not put my work in an auction.

Here's the article.  Tell me what you think:

The Career Benefits of Boycotting Charity Art Auctions

What do you think?  Have you, or would you donate your artwork to auctions?

No comments:

Post a Comment