Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jewelry Tips on My New ArtFire Blog

Recently I started up my ArtFire blog again.  It had not gotten much use since the day ArtFire decided to change the blog and archive all our posts.  That's ok, because I was mainly using this one by then anyway.  I wanted to find a special use for my second blog.  

A lot of people who read this blog are other artists, especially jewelry designers.  Because of that, I plan to have more behind the scenes stuff on this blog.  I wanted to offer something on my Artfire blog that was of particular interest to my customers.  So I have started a series of tips on buying jewelry, especially handmade jewelry.  

A piece of a bracelet that had less than sturdy
construction
They say "you get what you pay for", and a lot of times that is true.  But how do you know you are getting a quality piece?  Is it going to fall apart?  Is it going to rust or tarnish?  What kind of stones are harder and which ones are softer?  How do you take care of your gemstones?  These are questions I intend to address in upcoming installments of my blog.

If you are interested in becoming a more savvy jewelry buyer, you might want to check out the first installment:   Eye Pins and Wrapped Loops or "Why Did That Bracelet Fall Apart?"   You can find it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment